Sunday 25 November 2012

Thermals for girls, or pyjamas

Autograph for M&S girls' thermals. Not overly easy to see design but pretty floral stuff.

As a veteran fisherman, I can tell you that no-one makes thermals as efficient as Damart. But the problem with Damart thermals is what makes them so good: what works outside doesn't really work inside and you end up sweating like a pig on market day indoors.

Anyway. For every day wear I wear Uniqlo heat tech. But this isn't about me, it's about thermals for children or more specifically, girls (much as I'd love to say boys too, the set I'm going to suggest is flowery and no boy I know would wear them under the age of five. If yours would then great).

When my eldest was small, I'd buy her thermals from Petit Bateau. They are brilliant: wool on the outside and cotton next to the skin. But expensive. All her old PB thermals have passed onto the youngest now.

What I was looking for were some thermals as layers for my eldest, for when it gets really cold here in the country and I found these in M&S Autograph section. The reason I want to tell you about them is that they have proved a huge success with my girls. I ended up buying them for the nine year old, but the youngest wanted a pair too and even though she has the Petit Bateau hand me downs, I ended up buying her a pair too. I even bought myself a pair in age 15-16 and they almost fitted but not quite..

They are comfortable, really cosy, warm, pretty and they wear them as thermals, PJs and the tops as outwear too. So a pretty hard working two-set. I recommend. Buy.

In sizes from 18mths to 16 years, £11-£14.

4 comments:

Technology Blog said...

nice i like this blog posts thanks for sharing hope you will be post more informative information here.

Annalisa Barbieri said...

Why thank you.

Bollywood News said...

nice i like this blog posts thanks for sharing hope you will be post more informative information here.

technology blog said...

nice i like this blog posts thanks for sharing hope you will be post more informative information here.