Monday 19 November 2012

Tab grabber, aka a clever way to keep hold bits of paper

Tab grabber. Just one small section..


Tab grabbers are those things you see in restaurants. You place an order, the waiter writes it on a piece of paper and then s/he sticks it into a tab grabber for the kitchen staff.

Well they're also a great way of holding other bits of paper in the home. I have an entire run of them under my window sill, right by my desk. And although a part of it is used to keep drawings that my children do for me, I use them largely to hold invites to forthcoming work events.

You can get them in all different lengths, or obviously use more than one. They're like metal bars with marbles inside, and it's the marbles that hold the bits of paper up.. Bit hard to explain unless you know what I'm talking about...No sticky tape or drawing pins are needed so it's a great way to just hold stuff and because of this especially easy and safe for children to use. Purposeful, industrious, totally unmarking. You can stick them on the wall - they come with sticky pads - or screw them in, I strongly recommend the latter.

We also have one on the back of the front door for things to remember: shopping lists, letters to post, those bits of paper you have to return to school. Note: you can also use them for photographs, but you lose about an eighth of the photo in the marble bit.

They cost from about £10. Just put Tab Grabber into Google. You can get them from various places on line that don't pay their taxes. Or try commercial kitchen shops.


No comments: