Sunday 2 December 2012

Hot chocolate pops

A hot chocolate pop


I cannot lay claim to this. Hot chocolate pops are all over the place. But I'd never tried them before and I gave them a go.

You can melt the marshmallow before hand, but I just don't for ease.

Here's what you need:

Some milk or plain chocolate. I used plain, 70% cocoa
Some white chocolate, I always use Green and Black's
Some marshmallows
Something to make them in, either cake pop moulds or something similar. I do, of course, have a special mould just for these which is just a round chocolate mould but bigger than what you'd use for chocolates.

Put the marshmallows at the bottom.
Melt the dark chocolate (either milk or plain) and pour on, half way up the mould.  Put sticks in, I put mine so they stick out at the side (as seen) not so they come out perfectly at the  centre as I have no way of keeping them upright and I like the off-centeredness. Set in the fridge.
Melt the white chocolate, pour on til it comes to the top. Fridge until set.

When ready to eat, heat some milk and dip in. I can't pretend it's the best hot choccie you'll ever have as the chocolate melts in bits and it's not all homogenised. You could, I guess, whizz it up. But really the fun here is in half licking, half stirring the melting pop.


No comments: