Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Tangle Teezer






Probably loads of you have already heard of this. It was a 'Dragon's Den' reject a few years ago. But I hadn't heard of it, or seen one, or noticed them hanging there in haircare aisle. One of the juniors at my hairdressers used one on my head two weeks ago and I said "what's that?"

And what it was was a Tangle Teezer or a hairbrush that looks like a dog/horse's grooming brush (I actually think the addition of a strap around the back of it would be no bad thing).

They come in three permutations. This one which is the original, and you can pick them up from £9 to about £13 depending on where you shop and what colour you go for (I actually choose black but I got this flourescent pink, that's Amazon for you). Purple glitter, for example, costs the most as it's 'limited edition'. There's a child's version which is round and comes in a flower pot and then there's a mini version. I think this is the best - read easiest to use.

Anyway, children love it - it sails through dry or wet hair with ease and every one fought to use my daughter's at swimming (because of its design, it's really easy to clean so that didn't freak me out like it normally would). The the point of it is that it's a tangle destroyer that works without pulling the hair. I love it, it's kinda massaging. You can't style with it, it's really for just combing knots out. Not 100% sure how it'd cope with really thick hair, it struggled with the thicker bits of mine.

You might be able to see here that the 'teeth' are in two lengths - that's apparently the secret of its success. And they're bendy.

Anyway, you can buy them on line or in Boots/just about anywhere.

1 comment:

Helena said...

Yup we have one and Although it's still a struggle to get my daughter to brush her hair at all she will only ever use the tangle teaser. we have the flower pot one which holds all her bobbles and clips too!