Friday 15 January 2010

Ear Muffs

Whenever it gets cold, I wish I'd spent more time trying to find something to keep me feeling warm and looking stylish. My quest for ear muffs was largely fuelled by

a) my six year old wanting ear muffs
b) 'muff' is a word you just can't get enough of
c) the freezing weather, I no longer look good in hats.

I started off with Celtic Sheepskin and its ear muffs because our slippers, and my little girl's boots come from there. But its earmuffs are £52 and there's a waiting list.



Celtic Sheepskin's Ear Muffs

There's a company in Suffolk (where I live) that also does them: Nursey Sheepskin. Its earmuffs are £45 but they've been out of stock for weeks.

Nursey Sheepskin's Ear Muffs, probably not the best colour choice for this model.


After  this recent freeze-your-ears off weather I did a real load of research into this, determined to find some ear muffs that were cheaper. In the end I found a company in Winnipeg, Canada: www.furhatworld.com, that did them in sheepskin...and fur. I ordered the cheapest ones they did, which are in rabbit fur. So look away now if you don't like the thought of bunny fur, but I eat meat, I catch fish and I really don't have a problem with rabbit fur. Warning: the site also has ear muffs made from other fur: fox and mink so don't go looking if you get offended by that stuff (in which case: I hope you also don't eat meat cos otherwise that's just massively hypocritical). So they arrived today and they're great. They were $40 for two pairs, including p&p (so £13 each). I got a pair in black for me and red for my daughter. They look great on her, not so sure on me. They don't look anywhere near as big or fluffy in real life on an adult, but I think they're a great find and would make lovely, not break-the-bank presents for someone, not least cos they come in quite a few different colours.


Rabbit earmuffs from www.furhatworld.com





 

No comments: