Wednesday 9 December 2009

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring brrrrrrrrrrrrring x 2

Well. The phone came. It's very cheap and plastic looking but fine. But. Something I forgot about, something that was a problem with the original Trim Phone (and I know this in particular because my non-husband used to work at BT)...it's so light that you pick up the receiver and the entire body of the phone flies up too.

Very disappointing. I am very disappointed. I've asked to return it. In the meantime however I've realised that my lovely old cream rotary dial phone isn't broken, the bloody entire line is. I also realised, picking up the lovely old Grace Kelly calls her beautician style phone that it's a 1963 German model with some decidedly, how can I put this...Germanic insignia on the bottom.

That's by the by. I have renewed my search for a wall mounted push button phone that isn't some horrible modern crap and it's IMPOSSIBLE. No-one does them. Why does someone not reintroduce them?

2 comments:

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Do you mean those ones that come in 70s-slash-eighties tones like airforce blue, avocado and burgundy? For some reason, it's making me think of George & Mildred...

Mathew Parry said...

Darling A.
Have you checked out the Conran shop. Lots of lovely ones there.
http://www.conranshop.co.uk/productlist.aspx?cid=Phones&language=en-GB
Mx